1. Today is my Dad and Step Mom's Silver Wedding Anniversary! They seem happier now than they did when they got married. Twenty five years and better than ever. That's full of Awesome in my book and definitely something to be celebrated! My brother and I splurged on a gift certificate for a B&B. Much deserved by them, hope they have a fabulous time.
2. We went to see Tangled yesterday for Makenna's birthday. It was a really cute movie and enjoyed by all. Even better, it appears we're entering a new chapter in life because Eli sat through the entire thing!
3. The older two have been hit with a stomach bug that just won't quit. They seem to have different versions of it, one is puking the other has "pee poop". REALLY hoping they get better and we get to enjoy the couple days of winter break that are left.
4. Due to the aforementioned tummy bugs, we had to cancel New Year's Eve plans and a much anticipated date night. Really bummed that we missed both those things, but we didn't have hangovers on New Year's Day and didn't spend a bunch of money on a babysitter and a dinner out. Silver Linings.
5. I found an insulated plastic (BPA free) tumbler with straw on clearance a few days ago. The kids have taken over my water bottles and I like drinking out of a straw so I bought one. LOVE it. I'd fallen off the water wagon, but I think I'm firmly back on again thanks to my new tumbler.
6. I almost just typed sippy cup instead of tumbler. Sigh.
7. Christmas decorations have all come down and I have a new found motivation to decorate. Surprised? No, me either. I have 5 pages of lists regarding the decorating process and this house. Time to get crackin!
8. I got a Compound Miter Saw and air compressor for Christmas. Be still my heart! I see trim, molding, board and batten and built ins in my future.
9. Today is The Mister's first real day back at work in two weeks. He worked a couple days last week but they don't count because most people were out so it wasn't as stressful. Hoping today isn't as rough on him as I think it might be.
10. I know people always think it's going to be a good year, but this one feels like it will bring some positive change with it. I'm looking forward to what the months ahead hold.
11. Workers have been out clearing a plot of land across the street from us. With any luck we'll have some new neighbors this year, and fingers crossed they'll have kids similar ages to ours!
12. The birthday cake in the fridge is calling my name. Ryan had a piece after lunch and it took all my will power not to have one too. I had two bites...enough to satisfy the desire at the time, but now I want more. Sugar and carbs are an evil combination.
No comments:
Post a Comment