Six months after moving here our best friends moved to the same town. Since then, their families have both moved here as well. We don't spend as much time with them anymore, we're in different places in life than we were in CO, but we still love them and spend time with them when we can. We've also been very blessed to spend most holidays with them and their families. Our kids feel like they have grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins here when we are at those gathering. They feel like part of a family, which is so important and we are all so lucky to have.
Between the friends I've made through mom's groups and the friends we've known, we've found a sense of home here. It's not the same as having blood family close by. I find it hard to ask for help and only a few people have ever watched our kids. But the thing is, that's my issue. In reality, there are so many people who would offer help if I really needed it and asked.
All this rambling stemmed from this link my SIL posted on facebook this morning. It talked about the battle between working and SAHM moms, but also about creating a village. I've been writing this while listening to my friends dog run through the house. They had to leave town unexpectedly so she dropped the dog off this morning. So glad I could reduce a little stress for her by watching her dog and I know she would help me at the drop of a hat too...in fact, she has. I'm so happy to have a village.
1 comment:
"there are so many people who would offer help if I really needed it and asked"
Yes there are and I am on of them. Anytime!
I loved your link. I feel as though I am just building my village and it is really nice to feel that I have one.
Post a Comment