Eli, that's who!!! Here he is the day he was born. All the nurses oh'd and ah'd (those are words, right?) about how cute he was. We, of course, completely agreed with them and were smitten from the minute we laid eyes on our little boy.

And here he is, at almost two. I know all kids are beautiful, especially to their parents, but this little guy has a smile that lights up his face and the room. He's full of mischief, but his eyes twinkle with the fun of it all. We call him Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde because his mood can change on a whim, but it also means that we can usually make him laugh or giggle and forget about whatever was causing the issue. His favorite people include mommy, daddy, Yiyan , Na and Jace. His favorite toys are books, books and more books. He also likes to color with his sister, play with his little people bus and airplane and play babies or dress up or whatever Makenna puts him up to. He's full of opinions and is talking more and more every day, so we're getting a better understanding of what those opinions are with a few less tears of frustration. His and mine. He loves granola bars, yogurt, cheese, apples, cereal, peas, milk and juice. Depending on the day, he also loves stir fry, chili, scrambled eggs with veggies and salsa, hummus, carrots and peppers.


Here we are two years ago.
And here we are just a few weeks ago.
Such a sweet baby. Such a sweet toddler. I can't imagine life without his grin, curls, spirit, excitement, laughter, and the best cuddles. Seriously, the kid gives the best hugs a Mommy could ask for. His last words at night are "Love you too, Mommy.", whether I have said it yet or not. I wish I could get his sweet words recorded, they melt my heart every. single. night.
Happy Birthday to my baby. The child who isn't a baby anymore, but now a toddler. The last two years have flown by and I'm sure the next number of years will fly by just as quickly. So, for now, I cherish the sweet moments and the lingering baby because I don't know how long those cuddles will last.
No comments:
Post a Comment