1. Christmas Decorating has begun at our house! Lights and greenery are up outside, the tree is up and the mantel is almost done. I've added white candles along the mantel and will be adding some cricut art soon. I usually decorate with lots of green and red at this time of year, but I wanted to highlight my new book page wreath and it just came together with muted tones this time. It's so pretty when all the candles are lit, even without the splash of colors.
2. The book page wreath was another project from ACD. I've been wanting to make one forever and just hadn't gotten around to it. I literally clapped my hands in delight when I saw it was a friend's project for the day. A couple dollars for supplies, a couple hours of time and you have a gorgeous wreath made from the pages of a thesaurus, a whole lot of glue sticks and a foam form.
3. Our friend Tilly the Elf arrived Friday morning. He even brought a book so we could read it to the kids and tell them all about our new friend. He reports back to the North Pole each night to fill Santa in on if the kids have been naughty or nice, each morning reappearing in a new spot in the house. The older two have had lots of fun searching out his hiding places each day.
4. I made comfort food for lunch today. Grilled cheese, tomato soup and dill pickles. We were out of margerine so I used real butter. Yum. I didn't realize what a difference the butter made.
5. Black Friday shopping was a success, albeit a few hours later than anticipated. I ended up getting sick Thanksgiving night, so rather than go shopping I went home and slept for 12 hours. Got up the next day and decided to brave the crowds for a bit, which meant I'm about half done with Christmas and birthday shopping.
6. One of our kids has a birthday just a week after Christmas and then another 2 weeks later. Yikes!
7. I ordered a Compound Miter Saw for myself for Christmas. I don't think it's going to make it under the tree, I have plans for it as soon as it arrives!
8. I am the proud owner of a pair of skinny jeans. I sit somewhere between an hourglass and pear shape, so if I can wear them anyone can. You just have to find the right top and boots to accompany them. Check and Check. It's been years since I shopped The Gaps jeans, but I'll be back...when I have a coupon. I'm in need of a serious wardrobe update, thank you Black Friday for helping me take a baby step.
9. My fridge is empty. Really need to grocery shop but it's raining and I despise going to the grocery store with small kids when it's raining. Kids, groceries and especially me are always soaking wet by the time I'm done loading everyone and everything. Guess I'll be pulling a meal entirely from our freezer and pantry staples tonight. Hmmm, wonder what it will be....
10. I love ABW and recurring payments. I remember the days when you had to write checks for everything. Paying bills is sooo much faster now.
11. I'm going to take advantage of E's naptime and try to get some crafting done today. Hoping the Little Miss cooperates.
12. I'm thankful for Thanksgiving and the reminder that I can chose to be thankful and focus on all the good things big and small. That mindfulness can sometimes change a mood, or a day, or how I react to a person or event. Thankful.

7 comments:
Oh, Girl, we were supposed to get to the grocery store today but after surviving Hobby Lobby (barely) I decided we could eat rice and beans. My poor husband!!
Love the whole scene, Chandra (especially that wreath)!
~Stacie
Your mantel looks gorgeous!
Crazy-cool wreath!
Thanks guys!
LOVE it! Do your children not touch the candles in the fireplace? Mine would be all over them. It looks fabulous!
Kim, they've been known to play with the rocks but I keep the mesh curtains closed when the candles aren't lit so they seem to forget the fireplace is there. Besides, just a couple feet away is a bookshelf with old books that are special to me. It's much more fun to play with those and see how long they can get away with it.
Post a Comment