Lots of Mod Podge and a few hours of dry time later, you have these.....
Countdown to Christmas Blocks!
By request, a basic tutorial...
Supplies:
2 3x3 cubes. (I've seen 3x3x~30 at the big orange box. They cut the piece of wood into cubes for me at no charge.)
1 2x4 cut to 7"pieces for the base
6 t0 13 coordinating papers
Mod Podge
Sand Paper
Spray Paint or acrylic paint in your chosen color
Sand the pieces getting rid of sharp and splintered edges. Wipe clean with a wet paper towel and paint. I used spray paint, flat white, but you could use acrylic paint too. Cut your papers for the front of the base and all sides of the blocks. Paint the back of the paper with Mod Podge as well as the block and apply to all sides. Once dry, you'll add the block numbers and then another coat of Mod Podge.
Details:
Block 1: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Block 2: 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8
(make sure the 6 can double as a 9)
I cut my block paper to 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and the base was 1 1/4 x 6 3/4
I used Alphalicious font on my Cricut and vinyl for the letters and numbers. Numbers were cut at 2" and letters were 3/4".
To add character, you could use paper for letters and numbers, distress the paper, add finishing nails at the corners, etc.
4 comments:
Are you kidding me? Tutorial please. How freaking cute are these?!
I know, so cute, and other than the dry time pretty quick to make. Edited the post to add a quick very basic tutorial. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for posting the instructions. These are to die for adorable, I'm going to have to make me a set. I soo wish I could have been a part of craft day this year. I've missed it both times now. Boo!
Wish you could have made it too, Heather. There's always next year!
Post a Comment