My second craft for our ACD (annual craft day) was a lighted wine bottle. I got the idea because of a pretty bottle with a B molded into the glass that we had. Monograms are huge right now and I knew my friend Jacy, who has a wine themed kitchen and a last name that starts with B would love a pretty bottle. But what to do with it? I searched the web and came across wine bottle lamps and wine bottles with lights inside. The second option was cute, inexpensive and quick, so I went with that. Off to my local big orange box for a diamond drill bit so I could drill through glass. They didn't have one....but the other chain in town did. Expensive drill bit, I'm going to have to make a lot of lighted wine bottles to justify it, or maybe I'll make this.
Armed with my new bit, The Misters cordless drill, a spray bottle, protective eye wear, gloves and a vice, I set to work trying to drill a hole through the bottle. Let me first say, it was really hard to get the bit to start a hole on a round, slick surface. So, I resorted to spraying the water while The Mister drilled the holes. For the record, he thought it was difficult too.
One set of mini lights shoved through the hole in the back of the bottle...
And this is what you get...
This isn't the pretty bottle with the monogram but a bottle that we've kept around for a number of years because the label fits us. It sits on my kitchen counter right now and I love the soft glow that comes from it when the rest of the lights are off.
*No wine was spilled during the making of this craft, and none was consumed until after the drill was put away.
2 comments:
Fabulous project! I'd love to find an S bottle and do the same. Clearly after I drink the wine. . .
For the record, I love my wine bottle :)
Post a Comment