1. It's a dreary day. Makes me want to crawl under the covers and take a nap...and it's only 8:30 am.
2. Little Miss has been obsessed with rainbows and has drawn probably 100 over the last couple days. Maybe she brought the rain?
3. I'm contemplating cutting up a perfectly good GAP sweater. I won't wear it again, and I have ideas for ways to use it. Problem is, it's a nice sweater that wasn't cheap and someone else could wear it. I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and cut up a perfectly good piece of clothing for the greater good. That greater good being decorating/craft projects in my house.
4. The bridge of my nose hurts, as in sensitive to touch, for no particular reason. It's been this way for a number of days. Weird.
5. Christmas is only 39 days away. Yikes!
6. I'm in the process of helping a friend put a quote on her wall. Makes me want to get some vinyl on my wall too. My Cricut is getting quite a work out lately.
7. The boy kept us busy last weekend. Within three days he had a cub scout meeting, basketball practice, a birthday party to shop for and attend and a family event with cub scouts. Wondering what we're going to do when all three of them have that much going on.
8. My iPhone rocks. I love it and how useful it can be. Unfortunately, it's helped me become even worse at responding to email. I read something on my phone and know I need to reply, but the reply will be long. So I wait until I get on the pc, and by that time...well, I've forgotten about it and moved on.
9. The boy was on the phone with a friend from school for an hour last night. A girl friend. He's quick to clarify that she's a tomboy and that they talk about sports. Glad we have a house phone now, I think the calls are going to continue.
10. The baby (who is no longer a baby but we aren't talking about that) is a dare devil. I have a feeling he will cause lots of grey hair and wrinkles over the years. His favorite trick right now is jumping off random things. Sigh.
11. Little Miss is the biggest creator of mess in this house. Within any given day, she brings 3/4 of the toys from her room to every other room in the house. Top that with hitting her non-cleaning phase and we have a grumpy mommy. E, on the other hands, makes a mess just so he can clean it up...and sing the song. I'm cherishing it since I know it won't last.
12. And finally, day 16 of being Thankful... Today I'm thankful that I'm able to stay home with my kids. Some days they drive me crazy. Some days I want to pull my hair out, run away, cry with frustration. Some days I wish I could be anywhere but here. But most days, I'm thankful that I get to see all their phases, I get hugs and kisses, I get to color with M, dance in the kitchen with the boys, listen to the big boy talk about school and friends, cuddle on the couch while we read stories...and the list goes on and on. We really do appreciate how short these years are, and while they've been a bit longer for us due to the length of time between R & M, they've been worth it. Having a little time to myself, with the younger two in preschool twice a week, helps my appreciation and thankfulness. *
*I may need to be reminded of this thankfulness tonight when my kids are screaming and fighting and don't want to eat the dinner I've made, take a bath, do homework, clean their room, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment