Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Tuesday Twelve



1. Basketball starts for Ryan this week. Much less time intensive than baseball and a sport he really enjoys. I hope his coach is good and Ryan enjoys the season since this will be his first time playing organized basketball. I'm not particularly excited about his teams practice time....6 pm, Friday night, across town. Ahh, the joys of parenting.

2. I'm amazed at how much I can check off my list when I'm not toting kids with me. In preparation for our annual craft day I went to Target, Dollar Tree, Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart and Hobby Lobby, along with lunch at Panera, Grocery shopping and unloading today. All within the 5 hours the younger two were at MDO. I felt so accomplished.

3. Speaking of craft day, this week I'll be prepping wine bottles and wood for two different crafts. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

4. The Mister and I actually had a dress up, adults only Halloween party to attend this year. I knew people attending the party would be bringing their A game for costumes so I spent some time trying to figure out what we would be and then shopping for the pieces to pull it together. We ended up going as Peace and Quiet. The Mister is a very believable Hippie. Me as a mime, not so much. I started talking about 3 minutes after walking in the door.

5. The kids had a great time TOTing. Eli wore a costume that Ryan wore when he was just over a year old. <3
In his Tigger costume and eating candy before we even made it to the end of our street.
Makenna who was running and stopped on dime to pose for this picture.

Ryan with our neighbor Mitchell. We ran into them while we were out and spent the rest of the night walking and chatting.

Enough with the pictures, Mom! Can we go now?!

6. I love my first Halloween Mantel in our new house. It's pretty sparce but the cotton was picked at a neighboring farm. Wish I had video of the Mister pulling it for me. I turned the pumpkins around today since Halloween is over.
7. I love the look of all white pumpkins. They're all over the place again this year. Trying to decide if I want to paint mine or keep them orange. For now I'm leaning towards orange, all the fall colors may not match my decor but I love the feelings they inspire.

8. This is the first year I've really had to rake leaves, our house is surrounded by tons of trees. So pretty in the spring and summer but a mess during the fall. We need to hire someone to come clean out the gutters because we can't get on top of the roof with our extension ladder. Annoying, but the kids have had so much fun playing in the big piles and I've enjoyed raking them up. I'm weird.

9. I pile. Papers, clothes, kids things. I put things in piles. Horrible trait but I can't seem to break it. Was just going through one of my said piles and realized the tags expired on my car. In September. Oopsie.

10. I started singing Christmas Carols yesterday. I know, The Mister wanted to pull out the duct tape too.

11. I heard a statistic today. For every piece of Halloween candy that your child eats, you'll eat two. Fabulous.

12. I'm in lust. I look from afar and wonder what it would feel like to act on that lust. I dream about the object of my lust. I've spoken openly with The Mister about my lust. I may need to join a twelve step program. I'm in lust.....with. a. sofa.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha. I am a piler too. I stack and pile things all over my des.

Monica said...

Girl...I pile and then shuffle my piles. It's a terrible, terrible habit, drives me crazy. I just shuffled a pile from hiding in a drawer, out into the open, hoping to make my way through it. It may or may not happen. I may shuffle it back to the drawer later today. AND, I played Christmas carols yesterday afternoon while I cleaned, oh yes I did!!

Monica said...

By the way...peace and quiet, classic!! You're welcome at our house ANY time!

Boston to Nashville said...

Chandra,

I love the cotton! You got it straight from the source, right? I remember that story....funny!