Friday, April 03, 2009

27 Months

Dear Makenna,

You're 2.25 years old and you are full of independance, love, sass and words! Oh my gosh the words! Your vocabulary has exploded over the last couple weeks. It seems that every day you have new words and I love how you say some of them. I need to get it on video because you are so cute. It appears that you and Ryan will both have a southern twang, fitting since we live in Tennessee. You just started saying Thank you...for the longest time in it's place you said "elk" a shortened version of welcome. You call a phone a hello, I love this. Instead of Eli, you call your brother Weewi. It appears to have stuck because now the whole family calls him that. Shower and cereal sound exactly the same, it takes some work to figure out which one you want sometimes. You've begun stringing a couple words together to make short sentances and look so proud when we know exactly what it is you're asking. You will repeat the same thing over and over again until we respond or give you what you want. I hear "Mommy, bye bye?" at least a hundred times each day. We start each day by talking about where each member of the family is. You say "daddy work?" and wait for me to respond. Then you move onto "Bubba school?" and "weewi sleep?". You think it's hilarious when I ask where you and I are. You sing all the time. Current favorites are the ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

You'd started potty training, but have fallen out of that since our recent travels. We need to get out your potty books again and start reading them numerous times each day. I think that's what initially kicked off your interest.

You LOVE your babies. You have a bunch and seem to love all of them indiscriminately. Numerous times each day you can be found changing a diaper, strolling one around in a stroller, shushing and rocking, wrapping one in a blanket, and you always have a diaper bag in tow...you are a perfect little mommy already! You'd like to use these skills with Eli, but I annoy you by only letting you hold him with constant supervision. You love him so much that you get a little over zealous with your hugs and kisses.

You continue to be a night owl and have begun to fight naps most days. I still get you to take one 3-4 days a week, but you want to go to bed a lot later those days. If I let you, you'll sleep until 9 most mornings and if you haven't had a nap the previous day you'll sleep even longer if I let you.

You are your mommy's daughter and along with babies, your favorite toys are cell phones, keys, books, purses and shoes. We're going to have a lot of fun shopping when you get older little girl.

Sadly, you've started screaming NO when we've made a request you don't like and you and Ryan have begun picking on each other more. You also pick and choose when you want to listen. Consequently, you and your Time Out corner have begun spending a lot more time together.

We've had some challenging times recently, as you've adjusted to having another family member and lots of visitors, but you are still such a joy. Not a day goes by that you don't make me smile and laugh and want to cover you in kisses.

I love you sweet girl!
Mommy

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, our girls are so much alike!

Unknown said...

Your Mommy's friends think you're really special too Makenna!