I wanted to post two pictures yesterday, but unfortunately blogger couldn't read the second so I'll have to tell you what it was.
It was an x-ray, showing a broken collar bone. Taken Tuesday afternoon. The x-ray belongs to Ryan. The poor kid can not catch a break. Next year I'm going to wrap him in a bubble for the entire month of September and hope he makes it through unscathed. The sad part, he was just playing chase and tripped on the playground. Apparently he fell just right and the bone buckled. He's been a trooper, but it's obviously very painful. His teacher said he was so brave, neither she nor the school nurse realized how badly he was hurt at first. He has a cheesy little sling from the doctor, that doesn't do much but at least tells people he's hurt. DM and Ryan went out to purchase a more "manly" sling yesterday but they couldn't find one. He'll have to deal with the "babyish" boats and the diaper pin holding it together for at least a week. Sadly, he only got to play 1 full game of this baseball season and is very concerned about how he's going to do schoolwork, since it's his right side that hurts. Our poor boy, we just want to hug him constantly.
4 comments:
Really, next September Ryan needs to stay home all the time, lol. Poor guy!!!!!! I hope it does not hurt too bad.
That totally bites. He has been through the ringer! And you guys have too! Prayers for a quick healing!
Oh poor Ryan BIG HUGS to him........I hope it heals quickly and doesn't bother him to much :)
Wow! I really hope October is better for him! I hope he feels better!
Post a Comment