Friday, September 19, 2008

Missing Camera, a Rash and a Rant

Makenna's had a rash on her face for over two weeks now. I took her to the pediatrician early on and they thought it was a virus and would probably go away. They said it's possible it's an allergy, but we hadn't really changed anything...detergent, shampoo, food...all the same. I wondered if it could be related to the amount of dairy products she consumes since she seemed to have a lactose intolerance early on, our ped thought that was unlikely.

Anyhow, here we are, more than two weeks later. The rash has gotten a bit better and then worse again. I'd love to take a picture but I can't find my camera! Who loses their camera??? I try to be organized and a camera isn't a little thing. I'm annoyed at myself, and concerned about my little one's poor face, besides, I want a picture of it!

Speaking of annoyance, I'm also annoyed by an aqaintance of mine who continually calls Makenna fat. I recognize that she's a big girl and has a little chub, but according to the charts she's the appropriate weight for her height, besides the fact that she's NOT EVEN 2! This person needs to keep that opinion to herself because the next time she says it I'm going to have to get all "mama bear" on her.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

If you haven't found your camera yet, I can take a picture for you :) I hope you find it soon!

I wish people would get zappped with an electrical shock whenever they call a baby or a child fat! She isn't fat! But even for babies/children who are, they hear that word and it sticks with them for life! And it hurts when they are old enough to understnd it!

Stefan said...

I thought calling a baby "fat" was a compliment! Aren't babies supposed to be fat? I know it goes from complimentary to demeaning at some point, but I don't really know what age that would be...

For now, Sebastian is fattening up nicely. :-)

Shannon said...

She's not fat. That would annoy me too. I get annoyed by the opposite, I get so tired of hearing how small my children are, like they are dwarves or something and I'm not feeding them .

Kim said...

That would irritate me too. People have always called Henry fat. I bit some woman's head off at the grocery store one time about it and told her she was one to talk. . . perhaps not the best approach to take. She's not fat -- she's adorable.

Margie said...

People are just rude. I had a bunch of people who used to see pictures of Joshua and say how fat he was when he was/is really a skinny minny with chubby cheeks.

Meredith said...

OK, someone needs a flipping ass whooping!!! K was my sweet chunky monkey (miss her sweet rolls) until she started growing taller (around 2 or so). Anyway, that is RUDE! I love the "well she is a busy girl" BUSY=hyper... yeah, well she is HAPPY with LIFE and not afraid to show it, there is a difference!! LOL

Christy Sanford said...

ah who in the world would call her fat... oh my i am with shannon... my girls are so tiny people are always asking me if i every feed them of if they are sickly... alexander had rolly poly legs and i loved them... big hugs!!! lol on you going mama bear!! LOL

Tamra said...

I think it depends on the generation. I had someone say "They have the cutest little chubby baby" about Addison. Yep, she was a chubber and had monster rolls but now she's a string bean. BABIES are supposed to have baby fat on them - usually a sign they'll grow tall (look at Jenna's kids and mine)!