
Tuesday was the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, not sure how I missed that. Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m Pro-Choice. That doesn’t mean I’m Pro Abortion, it means I’m Pro-Choice. When you think about it, really think about, who in their right mind is pro abortion? No one thinks about their future and jumps up and down with anticipation over the possibility of getting an abortion. No one wants to make that choice. Some people, based on circumstances beyond their control, or within their control, have to make it. You might find this odd, coming from someone who worked so hard to achieve pregnancy and children, but the thing is safe abortions save the lives of a lot of women. Think about the women who are pregnant and experiencing medical issues that could take their lives and the lives of their unborn children. Think about the women who are pregnant and don’t want to be, who in other times would take matters into their own hands and perform a DIY abortion. Because of these reasons and many others, hundreds of blogs took part in Bloggers for Choice day Tuesday, explaining why they vote Pro-Choice.
http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/choice-action-center/bfc08-home.html
http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/choice-action-center/bfc08-home.html
* I vote Pro-Choice because I believe each woman should be able to decide what occurs within her body.
* I vote Pro-Choice because I believe there are women who shouldn’t be forced to carry a pregnancy, ie pregnancy due to rape, women who find out their child will have an illness that will cause the child to just live a couple hours or days, women who’s own health is in jepardy because of a pregnancy.
*I vote Pro-Choice because I believe that if abortion is made illegal it opens the door for other things to be made illegal, such as emergency contraception, comprehensive sex education, and certain forms of birth control.
*I vote Pro-Choice because if a woman doesn’t want a baby and is forced to carry one, who knows what she might eat, drink, smoke, inject in hopes of causing harm to the child and therefore causing a miscarriage. Think about the disabilities that child could have if it survived.
*I vote Pro-Choice because I vote for women’s rights in a day when most of our government is still male dominated.
* I vote Pro-Choice because I believe there are women who shouldn’t be forced to carry a pregnancy, ie pregnancy due to rape, women who find out their child will have an illness that will cause the child to just live a couple hours or days, women who’s own health is in jepardy because of a pregnancy.
*I vote Pro-Choice because I believe that if abortion is made illegal it opens the door for other things to be made illegal, such as emergency contraception, comprehensive sex education, and certain forms of birth control.
*I vote Pro-Choice because if a woman doesn’t want a baby and is forced to carry one, who knows what she might eat, drink, smoke, inject in hopes of causing harm to the child and therefore causing a miscarriage. Think about the disabilities that child could have if it survived.
*I vote Pro-Choice because I vote for women’s rights in a day when most of our government is still male dominated.
*I vote Pro-Choice….always have, always will. I’m thankful I’ve never had to make that choice, and thankful that the choice is mine.
2 comments:
I have always been pro-choice. I firmly believe that it is a woman's right to decide. I commend you for taking a strong stand!
You know how I feel about this issue already! I think alot more people would find they are pro choice if they would realize that it didn't mean pro abortion. I agree with you 100%
Post a Comment