Friday, September 14, 2007

He Takes After Me

You know how, when you're having a child, you think about all the traits you wish they'd get, and those you hope they don't.

"I hope she has my hair."

"I hope he gets my musical ear."

"Fingers crossed that he doesn't get my teeth."

You get the point.

Well, I've discovered a new trait that Ryan seems to have gotten from me. As a child, I was often sick for holidays, special events, vacations, etc. It appears that my boy is following in his mother's footsteps. He's already missed numerous fun events and parties at school and he's been sick during a couple vacations. Today is the Eagle Stomp at his school. It's a Fun Run and a big carnival. Inflatable Obstacle Courses, face painting, dunking booths, temporary tattoos, snow cones, serious fun for kids, Ryan has been so excited. He got his pledges, turned in his sheet and was ready to run laps for money for the school. Unfortunately, he's home sick. Yet again, a cold has turned into something more overnight. We're headed to the doctor in a couple minutes. I'm hoping he'll just get a breathing treatment or two and won't have to go to the hospital again. The poor kid feels horrible, but you want to know what he's sad about? You guessed it, not being able to go to school today.

4 comments:

Jacy said...

Poor kiddo. He does always seem to miss out on things cause he is sick or broken. I am praying that you guys get out of the hospital just as quickly as you had to go in. Feel better Ryan!

Anonymous said...

D'oh!! So sorry, Ryan. Don't worry though, carnivals and parties happen all the time, and I'm sure you'll get to attend lots and lots of them.

Chandra, nice to read your posts again. I hadn't checked out your page for awhile since it was pretty quiet in August... :-)

Tara said...

Oh no.....I hate when that happens. To me or any of our kids. Wanting to go so badly but can't. :( I hope it's not to serious and he gets well soon!

Barbara said...

I hate that he missed the fun!!!