Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ryan is R..R...R...Reading!!!

It's official, Ryan is reading! I'm so proud of him and excited. He's been showing signs of reading for a while now, and has read books with us, but yesterday he brought home a new book from school and proceeded to sound out all the words and read it from cover to cover. No help from me and the only mistake was pronouncing O.K. as oak. I can't believe how quickly he is growing right now, not physically (the poor kid is still on the small side) but maturity and mastering of new skills are increasing in leaps and bounds. Go Ryan!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Go Ryan!!!! That's awesomes!!!!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Way to go Ryan!! WOO HOOO

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Its so exciting when they do that! I will never forget when Mathy did that! But now I make him read his o wn books sometimes so he plays the "I can't read" card.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BIG GUY!!!!

What book was it???