Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm a Big Brother!!!

A quote we've heard from Ryan constantly since Saturday. Why? We took him to the Big Brother/Big Sister class at a local Hospital. It was fabulous! The kids got a chance to diaper their "babies", learned how to hold them the right way, talked about physical development of newborns and how much they cry. They also got to tour the birthing rooms, view the babies in the nursery, pick out a shirt that says "I'm a Big Brother!", and take a picture of themselves for the new babies bassinet. Ryan loved the class, and we loved how into it he was.

Parents got a handout that talks about adjustment for the older sibling. We had quite the chuckle as we checked off each of the behaviors that Ryan is currently exhibiting and frustrating us with. At least we know he's normal.

Less than five weeks until my due date. Braxton Hicks are picking up in intensity and frequency. Heartburn and Acid Reflux are kicking my butt and making sleeping quite difficult. I currently spend most of each night sleeping sitting up on the couch. Joy! I'm tired, I get nosebleeds constantly, I've got some sweet "cankles" which seem to get bigger by the day, and the pelvic pressure, ouch! But...this has been such an amazing time. We've been through so much to have another child, it's hard to believe we'll be holding her in just a few short weeks. I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky right now.

3 comments:

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the class! I thought it was great. I know the heartburn and reflux are making sleeping near impossible for you, but just think of the reward!! I can't wait to meet her!

Shannon said...

so glad Ryan liked the class! Sorry for all of the uncomfortable symptoms, but Makenna will be so worth it! Riblet and I can't wait to meet her!

Barbara said...

I'm glad the class was great! Too funny on checking off the list of all the things Ryan is already doing! I hate that you're not sleeping and having all of the discomfort!