Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Ghosts of Infertility

I had my 16 week appointment this morning. Even though things have gone pretty well with this pregnancy, I'm always nervous going into the doctor. As I was showering and getting ready, I couldn't help but think about the "what ifs". What if the baby's heart has stopped? What if I have to have another D&C? We leave for our trip tomorrow, when could I get in for the surgery? It's so sad that those were my thoughts. I wish I could go into an appointment and not think worst case scenario, but after all we've been through I guess that isn't possible.

On the brightside, my appointment went well. My BP was great and I gained a pound. I was able to see Dr. Helpful instead of The Rookie which made me happy. We talked about his delivery practices, the triple screen test and amnio, scheduled my Level II Ultrasound, and got to hear the baby's heartbeat...with a few kicks thrown in for good measure! Ryan went with me and was disappointed that we only got to hear the baby and not see it. Truth be told, that was disappointing for me too. Hard to believe we'll find out the gender of this little one in a few weeks!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the appt went well, Chandra (except for not getting a mini peek at the baby)!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

I'm so glad you hear the baby girls heart beat :) :) :) I know we don't know the gender yet, but that's my guess. What was the BPM?

Jacy said...

Glad you got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I know that is a huge relief for you!! Have a safe trip, I'll be think of you on that LONG drive. I'll pray your trip is fun and uneventful!!

Riki said...

Glad you got to hear the baby's heartbeat!!! have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet your little one! Enjoy this pregnancy girl and try to not fear so much

Amy said...

so glad to hear your visit went well!!! it's so comforting to hear the heartbeat isn't it??

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chandra! Hope everything continues to go well for you guys!
:) Julie E. from Playpals

Shannon said...

Glad your appointment went well! I understand your hesitation, but things seem to be going so well for you try to enjoy it! I can't wait until you get your next ultrasound.

Barbara said...

Chandra, I'm so excited that things are going so well. I think it's only natural to go through those thoughts. I hope they vanish soon though. I can't wait to see if the baby's a girl. That's my vote! Do votes count? :)