Ryan turns 5 today at 1:48 pm. Since yesterday I've been thinking about where I was 5 years ago. My labor with Ryan was about 31 hours long, and I can still remember the feelings of anticipation and excitement mixed with anxiety and fear. I thought I'd cry when he finally arrived, but instead I just looked at him in awe. Ryan's daddy, on the other hand, cried his eyes out. Ryan was 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long when he was born. He had the sweetest little cry, was so alert and he appeared to be thinking and processing everything as much as we were. I remember watching the sun rise through the hospital window the following morning, Ryan was awake in my arms and his daddy was asleep a few feet away. As Ryan and I shared his first sunrise, the tears of joy finally came for me. Instantly our lives had changed and now I knew what everyone meant when they told me things would never be the same.
Ryan got up this morning and said "Mom, I'm bigger! Look at my arms, they're all muscled up. Look at my legs, they're even longer and better for running. I'm FIVE now, today is the best day of my life!!!" What Ryan doesn't know is that he makes every day the best day of my life.
I can hardly believe how quickly the years have passed. I can't wait to see what lies ahead, but also want to slow things down. I've been so lucky to be able to stay home with Ryan since his birth. I hope he's enjoyed the time with me as much as I've enjoyed every day with him.
Happy birthday little man!
6 comments:
Enough already!!! I can't read through the tears. That's so touching Chandra.
I second that! You're making me cry! That is so sweet and further shows what a wonderful mommy you are Chandra. I hope Ryan appreciates every day he has with you as well. What a great little man you have there!
What a sweet story... I'm sure he feels the same way about his mommy! :)
Thanks for the comments girls! I got a little teary myself as I reminisced.
I too teared up and I'm usually not one to get all criey. Is that a word? Anyway, how sweet and happy birthday big boy!
ok I can't read anymore tonight, the tears are trying to fly from my face!!!! Girl!!!!!!
Post a Comment