Tuesday, August 05, 2008

15 weeks and some change

It occurred to me that I haven't written much about this pregnancy and baby, other than that we were expecting and that I had morning sickness and was grumpy. As I enter the second trimester, I find myself starting to believe we're going to have another little one running around here and find myself wanting to document a few things about this pregnancy.

Here are a few things of note so far...

*We had the Nuchal Ultrasound and all results came back negative. No early indication of Down's. Baby was moving all around and had a heartrate of 154 bpm. It also measured almost a full week ahead in size.
*DM is positive it's a girl, I'm just as positive it's a boy.
*We haven't even begun to talk names yet. There was one name I saw and thought it was cute, DM agreed. Not sure if it'll be for the correct gender of it we'll still like it in January.
*According to the developmental websites, the baby is about the size of an apple right now and weighs about 2.5 ounces. Unfortunately, I've already gained about 7 pounds.
*I've been thinking about my last two deliveries a lot lately. One was a vaginal birth with epidural, the other included an accidental spinal, epidural and emergency c-section. Neither was easy, but both had definite positives and definite negatives. My current doc has asked which way I want to go and I immediately thought repeat c-section. I've been doing some research just to be sure that's the right decision.
*DM and I are stressed about adding a third. Time and space are the major reasons for the stress.
*We have no idea where this little one is going to sleep, or where the other two will for that matter. We can't decide who should share a room, although we know that it won't be us. :) Neither of us sleep well when we have a baby in our room. Every little groan and rustle wakes us up. And if the next one sleeps like Makenna, we're going to need our sleep when we can get it.
*I considered not finding out the gender of the baby but DM said we had to....or at least he had to. He's right. I'm a planner and need to know so I can figure out rooms...and put him to work.
*I'm concerned about how Makenna, and Ryan for that matter, will adjust to another little one taking mom and dad's time. Although they both love babies, and seeing the two of them together lets me know it will be ok.
*I've felt a few small flutters. They've made me tear up and grin from ear to ear.
*I'm slowly getting my energy back and feeling less sick. I still have moments and days, but at least it isn't all day every day now.
*Heartburn is just starting to kick in. I've had it here and there but for the last week or so I've noticed it numerous times a day and always before bed. I'm up to three pillows under my head now and at least 4 tums a day.
*Earlier in this pregnancy I had to pee 6-8 times a night, now I'm down to 1-2. I know it'll pick up again, but I'm enjoying this. Once I'm up my mind starts and I have trouble falling asleep again so the less times up the better.
*As my m/s started getting better, the headaches increased. There isn't a day I don't wake up with one and they usually last on and off all day. I try to save caffeine for when I can't take it anymore, and it usually helps for awhile.
*This pregnancy has been really mellow, and that's been so awesome. I've enjoyed being "normal" and not having to take nightly shots, have restrictions, etc.
*Two more weeks until the next run of the mill appt. Let's hope I haven't gained too much more before then.
*Depending on what I wear, I look fat or pregnant. I like wearing the things that make me look pregnant, so I wear the same few outfits A LOT right now.
*I'm hungry all the time. In fact my stomach is growling as I type. Time to go make dinner.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Congratulations I am soooo excited for you!!!

Shannon said...

Aww, I love hearing about what's going on with your pregnancy. Makes me wish I was preggo again, wouldn't hubby be happy to hear that? lol I'm glad you're feeling better too. Are you hoping for one sex over the other? I'm predicting this will be a boy, but who knows?

I don't think you look fat or pregnant. I think you look pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. I hope you find out soon what you guys are having. I am ready to start shopping for ya girlie!

Christy Sanford said...

i in the not finding out catagory... after we had one of each we went for the not finding out with the last two... stressed out a few of the family members but it was fun having a suprise...

i also understand about the planning though... ; )

Barbara said...

I'm all for the knowing! I agree, you don't look fat, you look pregnant! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet this precious new baby you're growing!

I hope the headaches end soon! I'm glad the morning sicness has died down some!