Saturday, February 09, 2008

A little about a lot

I haven’t had much to write about lately. Ryan’s doing well in school, seems content, has a group of friends, is learning a lot, and runs from the girls who try to kiss him at recess. He’s proud to say they haven’t caught him for a kiss even once. Makenna got two new teeth last month, is still walking on her knees with moments of walking on her feet and is starting to exhibit an opinion. Sleeping is still hit or miss, but now that those teeth have popped though the last week has been better. The DM continues to be busy at work. There are lay offs and hiring freezes, so it’s a bit stressful.

It seems that there’s nothing else worth mentioning, yet I remember my friend Jenna’s blog posts were often just a stream of consciousness. At the time, they seemed like nothing important, now they’re final words from her. I’ve enjoyed going back through her blog and reading about how she spent her days and being reminded of things we did together. Through those words she constantly reminds me to live in the moment. To cherish my family and friends and the moments I have with them.

In true Jenna fashion, I’ll conclude with my own stream of consciousness. Today we went to a Valentine’s playdate after school; about a quarter of my moms group attended which meant we had 15 kids and 8 moms. We decorated cookies, exchanged valentines and the kids played while the moms chatted. We had a great time. Prior to that Makenna and I had lunch with a friend and her daughter, ran a few errands and spent some time in Target searching for gifts for my secret valentine. Ryan and DM started the day together; it was Donuts with Dad day at school. Ryan jumped out of bed the minute his light was turned on; he was so excited to bring his daddy to school. If only I could get him to do that every day.

Look at that, nothing to write about turned into three paragraphs.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Too bad I missed you at Target this time! :) I visited Norman at A Fuse Salon and am quite pleased! Thanks!

Barbara said...

I need to do the stream of consciousness. I too enjoy going back through Jenna's blog at times reading about her day and like you said, being reminded of things we did.

I always enjoy your blog too Chandra, You always have just the way of wording things!

John and Stacey Broughton said...

Stacey does a good job at keeping our blog up to date, but I occassionally will post things as well. Not a day goes by that I do not visit Jenna's blog - it helps me stay connected to her. Reading her blog also reminds me to live in the moment also. You have too!

Love your little environmental PSAs by the way! Love to hear that others are equally passionate about the environment.

Go Obama! :)