Friday, June 29, 2007

Reflections

A couple weeks ago I was on my way to Jenna's to watch her kids so she could get a transfusion. I was running late, as usual, and everything was conspiring against me. There was all sorts of traffic in our small town, I hit every red light, there was even a road closure and detour and by the time I made it through that I had to wait for a train to pass. As I was waiting for the train that morning, I called Jenna to say I was on my way but running late and told her about all the crazy delays. She laughed and said don't worry, it'll be OK.

Yesterday I was on my way to Jenna's house to bring her family a meal and groceries. I was running late, yet again, and frazzeled because of it. I was dreading seeing Jenna's family, her girls, her van in the driveway...knowing it would be difficult and trying not to cry. I hit every stoplight. Then road construction in the exact same spot. A detour. Come on! Finally, a train passed through and I had to wait. Ok, I get it. Hi Jenna! Thanks for making me take a second to breath and think of you...and laugh...and remember a conversation we had.

I really miss you my friend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs to you!

Angie Morris said...

Big hugs girl!!

Shannon said...

Big hugs Chandra! You'll always have great memories of her.

busymomof3 said...

It's funny how little things remind of us others. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. I'm so sorry girl!((HUGS))

Barbara said...

How like Jenna to get your attention that way. You've gotta love her.