Saturday, April 07, 2007

Late again

No, not that kind of late. I'm infertile, remember?

Happy 3 Month Birthday Makenna!

You are growing so fast! Before you arrived I told myself I'd relish each stage and never wish that you were hitting milestones quicker, but I never thought I'd have to wish you'd grow slower...much, much slower! Every day it seems like something changes with you. I love watching you discover the world but I can't believe my little baby is already 3 months old!

This month has been full of exciting changes. The most fun being that you've found your voice and you love to use it! You and I spend a lot of time staring into each others eyes and having intent conversations. Your favorite word is "agooo" and you giggle when I repeat it back to you. Your favorite place to chat is lying on your changing table. Since this is our normal place for conversation you're a little confused when I'm all business in the middle of the night. You, however, always have other ideas. You catch my eye and start to grin and coo and before I know it I'm smiling and talking to you.

You're in such a good mood when you wake up in the morning. Just this past week you've starting hanging out in your crib and chatting until I come and get you so we can take your brother to school. Before this you usually woke up crying, so I have to admit, I really enjoy listening to you stretch your vocal cords when tears aren't part of the deal.

You aren't a big fan of your car seat when you're awake, but it's your favorite place to sleep during the day.

You love to be outside, which is good since your brother Ryan has a new found love for his bike. He also started soccer again a couple weeks ago. You love going to his practices and games, except for this morning because it was about 30 degrees.

When you want to eat, you want to eat! We've all figured out your cries now and even your brother recognizes that "neeeehhhhhh neeeehhhhhh neeeeehhhhhhhh" means you're hungry.

You have the chubbiest cheeks. I love to sqeeze them with an accompanying noise. You think it's hilarious. You also love to play Pattycake. Unless you're really tired or hungry it always makes you grin.

You'll hang out for 15 or 20 minutes by yourself now! Your play mat is starting to hold some interest for you, I've caught you batting at the toys that hang from it or intently watching your brother move them around. You also like to lay on it for tummy time because there are lots of designs to look at.

Your eyes twinkle when you're happy. I love to watch them go from serious or teary to smiling and twinkling. It's an incredible transformation and one that can take place in the blink of an eye.

You're down to just one medication a day, instead of two. The one you're still taking is very minty. You aren't a big fan of the flavor, but you're so good about taking it. Hopefully we'll be able to wean you off that one before to long as well, since your reflux seems to be getting a bit better.

You spit up all the time. Did I already tell you that in an earlier letter? If so, it's worth mentioning again. You and I change our clothes numerous times each day and Ryan has a lot of fun guessing who's going to be spit up on next. We went to your Daddy's office so he could show you off to the people he works with, and he told them before we arrived that you always smell like spit up. You don't, but it sure feels that way some days.

You are really developing a personality and just like Mommy you like to go out and do things. We're going to have some serious fun when you get older!

I love you baby girl!
Mom

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Baby girl is so blessed to havea a mama that writes her these sweet letters!!