Ryan got his cast off yesterday! He didn't really seem to care, but the minute it came off he had the biggest smile on his face. He moved his arm all around and kept saying it felt dizzy. The doctor was amazed because he straighted his elbow right away, apparently an adult with a similar break would take weeks to months to be able to move it that well. No physical Therapy and no splint because he's healed so well, just a reminder to take it easy for the next few weeks so that he doesn't break it again. Unfortunately as we walked out to the parking lot Ryan said "I can suck my finger again!!!!!" AHHH! I was hopeful this broke him of the habit but I guess not. He did suck it last night going to sleep, but didn't have his finger in his mouth other than that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays at bedtime. He really enjoyed his first shower in a month too.
I'm off to register for the big brother class, hard to believe Ryan's going to have a little sister in 9 weeks or less!
3 comments:
Way to go Ryan! Sorry about the finger sucking. Hopefully it wont continue. Big brother class will be so much fun! I can't wait to meet that sweet girl your carrying!
Glad Ryan got his cast off and is feeling so good. Sorry to hear about the finger sucking though, hopefully he will do it just at night.
Go Ryan!! I'm late in posting but really glad the cast is gone. I'm hoping that he hasn't been sucking that finger!
Post a Comment